Monday, January 17, 2011

Ozarks' History Around the World


Australia
Canada
China
Denmark
England
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Luxembourg
Germany
New Zealand
Netherlands
Russia
Scotland
Slovenia
South Korea
Switzerland
United Kingdom              
United States

BlackBerrys, Macs, iPods, iPhones, Windows

What do these have in common with Ozark’s History?
These are the readers & the tools they used to visit Ozarks' History Blog.

Last year there were also some favorite blogs.

I judged these by the amount of emails & comments on Facebook...not always by the number of hits by readers.

Here are the top 5 rankings by the volume of emails or responses...pro & con.
  • On Thanksgiving weekend, 2010, we had 1974 hits and a lot of emails concerning this blog. I received more emails about this blog. Apparently, there are some who do & do not enjoy God or Religion mixed into History. The spectrum was on both sides and never in the middle. Guess which side I'm on.

2nd: My Dad

  • This one was a tearjerker for me.

3rd: Our Nation Is to Be Destroyed…Tomorrow

  •  This blog was about a Baxter County, Arkansas, preacher that gained international notoriety in 1907-1908. He declared "The End of The World." Many people responded in asking if this 3 Part story was true. 

    Answer: Yes, it was true.

4th: Small Beginnings in a Mammoth Surrounding: An Ozark County Family Journey

  • This is about my Anderson family genealogy from Jackson County, Tennessee, to Ozark County, Missouri. My Dad & I retraced the journey back in June 2008. This story is over a year old. I have found more lost relatives from this blog than I could have ever imagined.

5th: Amazon Women Spotted in Ozark County

  •  This one was a mixture of media sensationalism and genealogy. This blog is over a year old. Still, many people respond in asking if this 3 Part story was true. 

    Answer: Yes, it was true.

I would like to thank all who read & enjoy our Ozarks' History.

Vincent S. Anderson

vincent.a@baxlib.org

1 comment:

Dr. Bill (William L.) Smith said...

Hi, Vincent!
Welcome to the Geneabloggers family. Hope you find the association fruitful; I sure do. I have found it most stimulating, especially some of the Daily Themes.

May you keep sharing your ancestor stories!

Dr. Bill ;-)
http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
Author of "Back to the Homeplace"
and "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"
http://www.examiner.com/x-53135-Springfield-Genealogy-Examiner
http://www.examiner.com/x-58285-Ozarks-Cultural-Heritage-Examiner