The Arkansas Historic Preservation Program & the Donald W. Reynolds Library with be hosting a Cemetery Preservation Workshop at the Mountain Home Cemetery April 20th .
Registration is at no charge, but it is limited to 40 people. You do not need to be a resident of Baxter County to attend.
This workshop on the basics of cemetery conservation will feature instruction by James “Rusty” Brenner of Texas Restoration LLC.
Who Would Benefit?
- Cemetery Board Members
- Families Wanting to Learn How to Care for Family Cemeteries & Plots
- Young People Interested in History & Preservation - Merit Badge
- People Who Use Bleach on Tombstones
- Anyone Who Cares About Preserving Historical Monuments for Future Generations
A sack lunch will be provided by the Donald W. Reynolds Library & will be served at the cemetery.
If you wish to eat somewhere else, information will be available. Tents will be provided in case of rain. You may want to bring a lawn-chair to take a break. If your allergic to the sun or ticks & chiggers, bring sunblock & tick spray may be advisable. Also, wear clothes that you can get dirty in.
Training will be “Hands on” with:
1. Introduction, Workshop Overview & Basic Logistics
2. A Walking Tour through the Historic Area
3. Cemetery Mapping & Monument Assessments
4. Hands-on Cleaning, Leveling & Basic Repairs
5. Question & Discussions
We still have some training slots open!
You may also register by calling 870-580-0932
See you Saturday, April 20th.